Reports to: Nursery Manager / Deputy / Room Leader
- A Childcare and Education Qualification equivalent to NVQ level 3
- A sound knowledge of child development for children from birth to five years
- Knowledge of Health & Safety and The Early Years Foundation Stage
- A sound knowledge of safeguarding procedures
- Knowledge & understanding of Equality and Inclusion
Skills and Abilities
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to develop effective relationships with colleagues, parents and outside agencies
- The ability to use computers and software packages
- Ability to work as a reliable member of the team
- The ability to prioritise, plan and organise workload accordingly.
- Experience in a full day care setting
- Paediatric First Aid and
- Food Hygiene Qualification
- To assist in ensuring that all children attending the setting are kept safe and receive rich and stimulating play experiences appropriate to their age and stage of development.
- To assist the Management in ensuring that all legislation in relation to registration with regulatory bodies, special needs, safeguarding and Health and Safety is complied with.
- To provide a high standard of quality care and education for children attending the Nursery.
- To understand and ensure that all children are treated as individuals and that their development and care needs are met at all times.
- To work in partnership with parents / carers and other professionals.
- To be a key person carrying out related responsibilities in building relationships with a small group of children and their families.
- Assist in maintaining accurate and effective children’s records.
- To observe children’s progress and report on achievements, looking at progression and continuity.
- Assist in the supervision of children at play (indoor and outdoor) at meal and sleep times.
- Assist in creating stimulating and attractive environment within the room: and other areas of the nursery as required.
- Assist in the planning of activities using the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
- Ensuring that confidentiality is maintained within the nursery.
- Provide feedback to the Management on issues relating to the nursery day.
- Attend Parent’s Mornings, Open Days, team meetings and training as required.
- Carry out duties appropriate to the post as directed by the Room leader, Deputy or Nursery Manager.
Health and Safety
- Undertake a shared responsibility for the highest standards of health, safety, hygiene and cleanliness throughout the nursery.
- Be familiar with all emergency and security procedures, for example, fire procedures, collecting and dropping off children
- Assist with the care, maintenance and security of all equipment and toys within the Nursery.
- Adhere and be conversant with the policies and procedures of the Group;
- Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage and health and Safety legislation.
- Undertake a shared responsibility for the safeguarding of children