Our client, a well-established, privately owned Day Nursery have an exciting opportunity for an experienced early years professional to manage their flag ship branch. Situated in a beautiful village within a character building that was completely renovated for this nursery, you will be responsible for up to 76 children and 22+ staff.
Key skills/experience required:
- Proven experience of working in a nursery setting.
- Level 3 early years education and childcare qualification or higher.
- Sound understanding of child development, and of children's needs.
- Ability to plan and implement a curriculum, taking into account the SEN Code of Practice, child protection procedures and equal opportunities’ considerations.
- Demonstrable and detailed knowledge of current legislation relevant to the early years.
- Ability to work with parents and families to encourage their involvement.
- Ability to effectively market the setting to maximise occupancy levels and fee income.
- Ability to effectively lead and manage a team of adults, including conducting performance management processes e.g. induction, supervision meetings, appraisals and setting objectives.
- Commitment to equal opportunities and an understanding of equality and diversity issues.
- Ability to write clear reports.
- Ability to prioritise workload, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage difficult situations, solve problems quickly and make accurate decisions.
- Demonstrate a high level of honesty and integrity.
- Experience of a parent-managed or parent-engaging setting.
Purpose of the job:
- To provide safe, high quality education and care for young children.
- To fulfil legal and statutory requirements.
- To lead and manage staff on a day-to-day basis.
- To contribute to and implement policies.
- To ensure that all statutory, legal and setting obligations are followed and met.
Responsible to: Director of Childcare & Operations/Directors
Responsible for: Nursery staff
Hours: 40 hrs per week
Salary range: Dependant on qualification and experiences
For a full job description including main duties, please get in touch.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and does require a DBS (Disclosure Barring Scheme). Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders which have been made against them.