ROOM LEADERS (baby room & pre-school room)
Up to £10.50 per hour
Rural location – drivers licence/car required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE:
Essential to role
- Full and relevant Early Years qualification
- Full understanding and working knowledge of the EYFS
- Awareness of the Ofsted inspection framework
- Experience of working within a team
- Experience of providing customer service
- Good understanding of health and safety requirements
- Experience of managing a cohort of key children
- As a nursery nurse you are responsible for working effectively with base room colleagues to ensure that the learning environment is appropriate to meeting all children’s individual needs.
- Responsible for key children.
- Responsible for cohort tracking of key children group.
- To contribute to the room planning.
- To understand the requirements of the EYFS, health and safety and Ofsted.
- To fulfil the role of a Key Person and work in partnership with parents/carers, ensuring all children’s individual needs are met, including observing, planning and evaluating development activities.
- Ensuring key children’s learning journeys, next steps and cohort tracking is up to date.
- To liaise professionally and courteously with parents, children, colleagues and visitors in a polite and professional manner, seeking help or signposting to the correct person with the Nursery.
- To prepare daily activities for all children whilst adhering to the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- To interact effectively with all children.
- To ensure the process for new children and children who are transitioning is followed appropriately.
- To ensure the procedures for own key children transitioning are followed and all paperwork is up to date before the transfer takes place.
- To carry out peer-to-peer observations termly.
- To assist in the setting up of the room in the morning, throughout the day and closing down the room in the evening.
- To support the team with hygiene for children including nappies, toileting, face and hands wiping and changing a child’s clothes.
- To maintain records and reports, keeping daily diaries of the children’s progress and activities.
- To assist with general cleaning, tidying and sterilising.
- To contribute to the board displays.
- To adhere to and implement all Nursery policies and procedures.
- Attends training courses to further personal development.
- Performs any ad hoc duties as required.
- Actively contributes and participates as part of the team, attending team meetings and other events.
- Is mindful of personal safety and safety of colleagues.
- Assists the Nursery Manager with initiatives that directly benefit the Nursery.